Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A Boy and His Spray Paint

He hated the world for it was a crass reflection of his own soul
A thought he was determined to deny entry or exit of his mind, 
But today his mind was too tired, his hands were cold because his zeal had grown old
Wrinkled, his motivation  cramped, his face stamped with disapproval
His thoughts just as cold as his hands, angry at his bitter refusal
He did not want to let himself think, he stormed around the house looking for ink
He needed to release these frustrations, life's lacerations that beat down his back
With a broken expression this search continued for hours, 
A boy relentlessly scouring his back yard undeterred by the rain showers
No rain  in months, but now the drought was over and earth rejoiced
He still was unhappy, and cursed everything that was moist
Unsure if this was the time of his life to experiment with drugs
Unsure if he needed a new girlfriend who will help him out his poverty
His emotional squalor , this debauched lifestyle of mental chastity


I remember the first time I saw him, silhouetted in the distance
Time nor place never stick with me, but I remember in this instance
Standing in the middle of the world determined to find the ink
He moved with such swiftness that my eyes missed him when I did blink
As he drew nearer I noticed it in his hand. The marker
I wondered, what would a man of his stature want with a marker?
For he was a tall, sturdy figure. Full of character
Eventually he tucked his marker in his pocket  when he found what we was looking for
Not a cartridge of ink by now the thought of that soo faint, but now he has his a can of spray paint.
He looked around to see who was looking, because this was clearly his for the taking
Immediately, as if  magically his skin brightened like a white jersey in the sun
He began to shout hysterically:


I feel like Calder Hart now except with out the commission of inquiry
With these powers I will spread my message like rain showers
And what ever I touch will blossom and bloom. Here I come world, give me some room!

I come to Graffiti the world and colour it how I want, sorry to be this blunt 
But what you need is of little importance compared to what I want
This can of spray paint right here will give me the power to overcome what ever tribulation
When I see the poster that says $100 for a shuttle pass, I will spray it with paint
When I see CNC3 owns the media rights to cover mass. I will spray it with paint
When I see Tiger Woods about to leave a voicemail, I will spray him with paint
If a girl coast on me in a dance, I will cut she tail, and then I will spray her with paint
When I see gas eh raise, bread drop but maxi fairs gone up, I will pray the maxi with paint
When I my mark for fundamentals of reporting, It is now self I will spray it with paint
Wether you are or you aint, When in doubt SPRAY IT WITH PAINT.

I will graffiti the world wether you like it or not, come out of the fire If you can't stand the heat
Stay on your toes don't just stand on your feet, come out of the fire If you can't stand the heat.


WOW -- Not as much awe struck as I was star struck; frozen in that moment
Thinking of it now the entire story never dims, although my memory is faint
Thinking of him now, it wasn't a man, but merely a boy and his spray paint

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your MIND if only you dare:
If ya comment, be sure to click "follow" (top right hand corner) to see who replies to your comment!

Contributors

My photo
Arima, Trinidad & Tobago
Ken is a student of life. The subject of unique socialization between the rigors of childhood in a Christian household, a 'prestigious' secondary schooling and an early exposure to the ghettos of society. His ideals can be harsh on the mind at times and they represent a comprehensive but very original outlook on Trinidad and Tobago's 'red band lifestyle'. Read, listen and discuss if you dear.