Monday, March 29, 2010

Different Strokes

I was about to sleep, all happily singing oh yeah, oh yeah
But even within my relentless yawning and persistent typing
It is my bitter realization that we were sad in the post jail state for different reasons
Or, different strokes i'd prefer to call it, because honestly its less a reason and more a reaction
Which expresses but a fraction of the base, mundane, cultural norms of society, such traction
Which compresses the friction into moments apart. The irony is that these compressed moments
Are spread all over the week, wantonly scattered, 100,000 pieces everywhere
But i'm also convinced that you do not see or understand what I speak of anywhere
And ever since that day their has been this lil void, I imagine that it must be filled somehow
And I guess its my fault, and now its like an astroid from the sky
Hitting and pounding on the trust, sanity and perseverance which act as the threads
Which makes up this rope which ties us together.
Had this been a regular evening i'd have put you to sleep
And apparently in my absence It makes sense to appeal to the world
And get this court case adjourned, because everyone is more than concerned
So they must know, no! They must KNOW!
This longing you feel, this void left by these, by this incident.
Ah, so nieve that I beg; God help me please
The sky will not fall in place randomly, amazing you even thought that was plausible
I really want you to understand that that permanent warm feeling is impossible
But in the absence of this understanding you would remain as vulnerable
To the world as a victim of Immune Deficiency Syndrome, extremely susceptible
Amazing that you still don't know what this is about, but when I wake up probably I may say more
But bah humbug, leave me be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your MIND if only you dare:
If ya comment, be sure to click "follow" (top right hand corner) to see who replies to your comment!

Contributors

My photo
Arima, Trinidad & Tobago
Ken is a student of life. The subject of unique socialization between the rigors of childhood in a Christian household, a 'prestigious' secondary schooling and an early exposure to the ghettos of society. His ideals can be harsh on the mind at times and they represent a comprehensive but very original outlook on Trinidad and Tobago's 'red band lifestyle'. Read, listen and discuss if you dear.