Monday, March 1, 2010

Official Facebook Petition - SIMS 3 Stop Taggin me!





Dear Facebook,
This is my first letter to you all since you all deleted my account that faithful November 2008. It has been a long and hard struggle re-connecting with my friends, family and business partners. I have not and maybe will never forgive you for unceremoniously trashing my 84 photo albums, 32 notes, classic messages and the like but my addiction is too strong to leave you alone.
This addiction is hard for me to describe, but stems from the subtle jubilation that i'm sure a large percentage of the computer literate world feels when we receive the "facebook notification". It stems from the human desire to feel a part of society. We all, somewhere inside want to feel accepted and wanted within our own circle. I understand that this facebook notification massages our emotions subtly making us feel wanted and accepted by others who often prompt these notifications.
The production of facebook applications proved to be an innovation in social networking and a revolution in online gaming, with several users spending hours under the influence of fighters club or farmville. I must say that I do appreciate your facebook service and herald it as the world's greatest saver and waster of time. I also do appreciate provisions like mini feed and wall posts which make macko-in sooo much easier. I tout facebook as the catalyst for social life in general!
However there exists a being that threatens your very existence by annoying the living daylights out of your users. His name is SPAM. Distant cousin of Hanna and Pamla, Spam is equally as self centered and dirty! Listen, facebook.. I JUST CAN'T TAKE IT! I am not sure if SPAM is Male, Female, Transgender, I dunno!
But facebook I JUST CAN'T TAKE IT!
Spam religiously assaults its users, and sadly I also have fallen victim to such assault. Early morning SPAM comes through my computer and HITS ME WITH PILLOWS! WTF! Facebook, ah tellin ya.... I JUST CAN'T TAKE IT! One of these days I will hit Spam back so hard, I would send him right back up his IP address! Imagine early Sunday morning I wake up to a barrage of "Literal Pillows" hurled against my wall! Its ridiculous the audacity of my assailant. Using mindless slaves like Leigh-Francis Andrews somehow coaxing these slaves to allow Spam to use their identity and post on everyone's wall, and run up in their house, jump out the computer and hit people with pillows!
This is a crime, punishable by law. Listen, facebook, its not just me saying this, My sentiments are echo-ed by many many users. Countless times I've threatened and have rallied many supportive comments!











That was Saturday gone. All day today however I notice all of a sudden every man jack and their grandmother playing SIMS. Look, facebook, I do not want to play Sims. Spam is so unruly and blatantly, brazenly disrespectful that Spam is now commenting on pictures of me now! This thing is getting out of hand!
Today I wrote:


Its NOT just me! Look:


So I went to my settings to change it, and I blocked Sims 3[the facebook application]. Low and behold I was tagged in a picture by Sims 4! Facebook, these developers are clearly pulling wool over your eyes. It looks like they are pulling an entire sheep over your face, the way this thing is going!


But facebook, I want to know, what could have caused my dilemma!? In other words "iz wha i do so da make me deserve dis!?" 
Facebook, basically.... *sigh... I am saying with my whole heart and whole soul.. listen .. AH CAR TAKE IT! AH CAR TAKE IT!
Kindly allow us users a very nice "disable all new applications" button. So anytime a new application wants to post on my wall, I can simply ignore it till the year 3012. This is what causes the earthquakes all over the place! The very ground we walk on is spitting us out, for allowing Spam to take over. SPAM must be stopped before he sends the entire faceook civilization back into prehistoric hi5 days. I shudder at the very mention of hi5. 
Facebook. DO SOMETHING!
Tell SIMS 1 -3 Stop Tagging me! I do not want to be hit by a Pillow, I do not want to see that hot video on FunSpace! 
AH CAR TAKE IT! AH CAR TAKE IT!
AH CAR TAKE IT! AH CAR TAKE IT!
I CANNOT TAKE IT!


NB. Below is a list of people who have commented on my post @ blogger.com. Their comment acts as their digital signature in support of the sentiments expressed in this letter. We ALL want you, facebook administrators to step in and purge the system.

Yours Egotistically, 
Ken Sambury



PS. All us users have the power to stop the damn applications from spamming each other. Simply do not click "ALLOW Application TO POST ON Friends Wall" If you are to stupid to recognize this, I'm sorry I would delete you. 
Would you allow a website permission to use your email address to send emails?

So why would you give a facebook application permission to use your friend's walls and tag them?

Comment on this article to sign the petition!

4 comments:

  1. 4real... this Spamming shit has got to stop!!!

    If it have people stupid enough to click on any application they on facebook without reading it or even considering d headache them shit duz cause people... then i dont think they need to be in my friends list.

    Ah cyah take it anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!
    WTF?!?!?! --> i've already deleted 27 people for dis madness!!!

    Now like d ting getting worse... you not only getting tagged.... the app-virus is now commenting on d damn photo like 300 times = even more nuisance!!!

    This is Adrian The-Producer Cirus, and i also say: STOP d damn Sims tagging NOW!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah boy Ken.....this blod-clort frigging rediculous...steupzzzzzzz.....

    *This is Sue Toni Peters*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on this. I've already begun deleting people. Last night, in a matter of seconds I got 110 notifications of comments on photos I was automatically tagged in!
    STOP THE SH!T NOW.
    E. Richardson

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, S.Richardson support this and like weapon synonymous with my initials (SLR) I will deal with the spammers and DELETE them from my existence...
    I am fed up!!!

    Facebook I want you to stop inventing ways to annoy us with all this uneccessary tagging, poking, pillow fighting, food throwing and commenting. It is A_N_N_O_Y_I_N_G.

    ReplyDelete

Speak your MIND if only you dare:
If ya comment, be sure to click "follow" (top right hand corner) to see who replies to your comment!

Contributors

My photo
Arima, Trinidad & Tobago
Ken is a student of life. The subject of unique socialization between the rigors of childhood in a Christian household, a 'prestigious' secondary schooling and an early exposure to the ghettos of society. His ideals can be harsh on the mind at times and they represent a comprehensive but very original outlook on Trinidad and Tobago's 'red band lifestyle'. Read, listen and discuss if you dear.