Wednesday, February 24, 2010

When it Rains it Pours

So each and Every Wednesday i'd give you all a piece of poetry. I'd be performing this piece tonight at UWI Speak. Enjoy!

When it rains it pours! - Part 1 - the main course
I am convinced that when it rains it pours
My heartfelt conviction for life and love, explodes and my energy oozes through my pours
Look up in the sky, what do you see? that brilliant florescent stimuli
Enemy of the state, enemy of the family, friends with my own reality
Which honestly does not exist outside of my head or inside the box
But while thinking outside the box, lets shake this system till it rocks
And go hard, not home. 100 miles per hour with no shocks
So you can feel every crease in the roadway, and break society's locks
Meanwhile rain falls everywhere, I feel soaked down to my socks
But I am waterproof as I sit on these dry docks, thinking "bomboclart star" like cousin dread locks

And today I feel 100 things, too much stimulus, to little responses
And I know that the doorbell rings, present continuous, enter the judges
You do well, you don't know how to do well, confusing, contradictory
Well i'm not sure what your doing Ken, but I know the job is unsatisfactory
"Family and Friends, for me its friends and family, I shine on the sun
Because if I wait for the sun to shine on me, I'd freeze eventually"
And this coldness from the entire world which engulfs the life I know
Would become cliche to say the least, so force my ego
Damn, I really miss my pops, but every-time I do something about it, everything erupts
Everyday my goal is to pull out all the stops, To remain resilient to the resistance
But that energy drops and my drive sleeps, and my heart weeps and I suddenly can't find my peeps
The legendary noise maker, the grim reaper causes the rain
And when it rains it pours, and when I focus I soar. I am past believing I can fly
While here in the air, I believe I would not land or crash nearby
Look up in the sky, see that I am everywhere shinning down on you


When it Rains it Pours Part 2 - the beginning of the storm
Today after much thought and self contradiction I present to you the Ken Sambury story
Reporting live from Trini is Kemuel Honest our host for tonight, we couldn’t get Maury
He was caught up on the ones and twos, but we’d survive once Kemuel is here to fill his shoes
Different from the traditional novella, this is the philosophy of life under the umbrella
Because for Ken when it rains it pours: cats and dogs, snow and heavy hail
But its present continuous because the question remains: “Will he prevail?”
Reporting on site Kemuel:
Thank you Kenneth. I am here looking at the empty street, it hard to figure, or decipher the silhouette
Different shades of grey in the shadows in the middle of the street I see him determined to complete conquest
Strange because it is actually a very sunny day. But its one of those ire rain showers
When the sky shows its true powers and releases all it has in front the sun
Dearing it to shine through the rain drops. I cannot tell when he begun
Standing there it seems like forever, the stance perfect, his poster perfect.
Still I fear Ken may fall. I am under 5 inches of concrete and can still feel the vibrations
The harsh lacerations of those big boulders of hail stones, and the sky’s frustrations
Beating mercilessly on the roof of the shelter I am reporting from… damn.. howcome?
Why? Porque? I cannot fathom why, with such a flimsy umbrella in the worst weather ever?
As the eye of the storm passes I will attempt to get a clearer view…
Back to Kenneth.

Thank you Kemuel, Well tonight I am taking only a few calls until the eye of storm reaches the town of Trinidad.

HOLD THAT Thought, I must maintain my level of stardom for in actuality based on the equation: Success = too much stress its really martyrdom.


Its not yours unless you GO GET IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your MIND if only you dare:
If ya comment, be sure to click "follow" (top right hand corner) to see who replies to your comment!

Contributors

My photo
Arima, Trinidad & Tobago
Ken is a student of life. The subject of unique socialization between the rigors of childhood in a Christian household, a 'prestigious' secondary schooling and an early exposure to the ghettos of society. His ideals can be harsh on the mind at times and they represent a comprehensive but very original outlook on Trinidad and Tobago's 'red band lifestyle'. Read, listen and discuss if you dear.