Friday, February 26, 2010

Beyonce B Palancing !

I just got back from the barber, taking a lil freshers for the weekend.

And as Trinidadians would all know, the barbershop talk is the best talk known to mankind. At the barbershop you hear everything from Rihanna's "secret STD" to the time police raided Uncle Barney's shop and took all the alcohol he was trying to sell. Something about that atmosphere makes it a catalyst for conversation. I'm not sure if it's the impromptu brethren lime, or the fact that some barbers make you wait long for spite but whatever it is, once you are in a barbershop all men are equal. All stand an equal chance getting ZOGED from their respective barber. So all sit in reverence almost of the hour each week each individual gets to speak his or her mind.

Well today, the topic was Beyonce. Barber Gerard was good vex that he ain't go Zen to see Beyonce. I still don't know what his problem was! I can understand YOU or anyone else being vex they aint pay $100-$150 (not $1600) to see Beyonce in the flesh. I predicted it on my facebook status, stating clearly:







"#imfromtrinidad where who was not waiting for beyonce's b3 to come out on youtube was going ZEN to see her!"



Two days ago I read a blog, can't remember from whom lambasting bmobile for its poor service and its unsatisfactory VVIP treatment. Honestly, the day God blessed me with an extra $1600.00 and I spent on a Beyonce VVIP ticket. And I has to eat doubles as my complementary food, my mouth would have been as ripe as Rachel Price's. But this is a bandwagon I've noticed even CNC3 jumped on "patrons upset with VVIP service" <==News headlines. So in traditional Ken Sambury fashion .. I will leave it alone. Enough has been said, I was not there so I'd leave that ranting for someone else. What irked me however was the suggestion that bmobile should "not host any more international artists" and that bmobile should leave "real promoters" to host these show. I say in two words: BULL SHIT. Honestly, in my opinion, bmobile is the only semi-local company with the financial prowess and the marketing drive to host such a monumental concert. If there are other promoters who are willing to do this, why have they not done such? The technicalities of who called the shots are currently and would probably forever be hidden from common knowledge. But it is common sense to assume that bmobile DID hire some promoter or organizers who had some experience planning events of similar magnitude.

My point is; whether you like it or not BEYONCE WAS PALANCING IN ZEN, BECAUSE BMOBILE BROUGHT HER DOWN!
So, I would like to extend my heartfelt gratitude for such an ambitious attempt at an unforgettable b3. No matter how one looks at the situation no one can deny the unlimited acclaim and exposure this concert has given to Trinidad and Tobago as a nation. Barber Gerard said to me today "boy .. dem foreigners gonna see dat and wanna come ZEN! Boy you dunno na!" Gerard was soo excited he almost made a Rasta half bald! Imagine despite its usual lack of content and narrow-minded marketing by some artiste our soca music STILL maintains its international appeal and EVEN Beyonce could enjoy 'we thing' and palance in Zen! Next thing ya know palance would reach in the Oxford Collegiate dictionary by 2012. I'd be proud! It all began right here, for bmobile's Beyonce concert.

People are you readyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?. Beyonce Palancing in this partyyyyyyyyyyyy'




That said; in the words of Quacey Titus, THANK YOU Bmobile, B3 is over! now kindly give us back our [damn] 1 cents text!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your MIND if only you dare:
If ya comment, be sure to click "follow" (top right hand corner) to see who replies to your comment!

Contributors

My photo
Arima, Trinidad & Tobago
Ken is a student of life. The subject of unique socialization between the rigors of childhood in a Christian household, a 'prestigious' secondary schooling and an early exposure to the ghettos of society. His ideals can be harsh on the mind at times and they represent a comprehensive but very original outlook on Trinidad and Tobago's 'red band lifestyle'. Read, listen and discuss if you dear.