Friday, February 26, 2010

D' Doubles Factory [prelude to the REAL story]

The Setting
It was one of those perfect club nights. All your old friends in one place happy to party away their frustrations. Everyone leaving their respective girlfriends at home. Trevlyn Lezama screaming "new tune, when I buss ah new tune, it sure to stick!" and the entire dance-floor feeding off that hype. The mampie for the night in a drunken frenzy ramming her massive torso up against the nearest boy who let her. The one two step, Skip, Skip, Skip to Ma Lu still felt even though your legs stopped moving. One of those nights when you forget who is watching and stand in the middle of the dance floor because you got two drinks in your hand now, no need to go back to the bar! That gay abandonment that comes when the lazar lights hit the smoke filled air. People RAVE and misbehave all to the bass line rhythms. NO, not in Zen, but still you can almost feel the PHSHHHHHH of the smoke jets from the celling. You fly over that rainbow, head first. One of those club nights when even when the lights came on and the music stopped the adrenaline was still pumping consistently.


The Prelude
I sat in the car, thoughts lost in my unique wonderland only stopping to glance around my the equally agitated friends. One lost in his befuddled stupor talking to himself and by extension the car, and judging from the volume of his conversation by greater extension the entire world. Another trying to gently ease his way as close as possible tot he girl next to him in the back seat. Careful not to appear overtly perverted but from the way his hands were going that was not going to last long. And suddenly the driver decides, "leh we go for doubles!!!"


Well I wake up one time. Just the thought of that warm taste meeting and greeting my taste-buds was appealing enough for me to second his nomination!

Ken: But wait.. we just past town!?  
Driver: Doh Worry Na, I know where I going for doubles
Ken: San Juan, iite scene, scene.
[15mins later] Ken: BWDMC! Why did we just turn right? Are we going south? San Juan is the next direction!
Driver: Cool it na, we are going for doubles!

Thinking of it now, its amazing I never asked what doubles man normally is opening and selling at 4am. But being so familiar with the Trinidadians, and the fact that you must put NOTHING beyond a husting trini, i paid it no mind. Eventually driving down El Socorro Road Extension (South), their was no initial panic, because  this road does not lead to south, so I can't be taken too far. Amazing how a little alcohol and or excitement in varying amounts impairs one's rational. Because the distance matters little once kidnapped! 

Eventually we pull in at  this car park. Welcome to the Doubles Factory. Given the fact that I just trusted this semi sober youth with my life thus far, as he was driving, I thought.. ok.. behind this great big dome door their must be some elaborate doubles making. Shockingly my friend jumped out the car and walked to the opposite side of the road... straight into someone's house.

DRUGS? Is this a Kidnapping? How well do I know my brethren? Well I wasn't waiting for an answer, I bounce starter and was giving him 5 mins exactly. In three minutes homeboy returned with two freshly wrapped doubles and a pie! Well food is my motivation, I think one day i'd take a bullet for my lunch. hmmm... but anyway.. DOUBLES BOY!

I pulled the gate, then the other gate and tucked snugly behind what seemed like a regular house was a doubles production line! The secret blent of 52 herbs and spices!

Today (Saturday) you'd see!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your MIND if only you dare:
If ya comment, be sure to click "follow" (top right hand corner) to see who replies to your comment!

Contributors

My photo
Arima, Trinidad & Tobago
Ken is a student of life. The subject of unique socialization between the rigors of childhood in a Christian household, a 'prestigious' secondary schooling and an early exposure to the ghettos of society. His ideals can be harsh on the mind at times and they represent a comprehensive but very original outlook on Trinidad and Tobago's 'red band lifestyle'. Read, listen and discuss if you dear.