Thursday, November 25, 2010

Learning to Fly

So today was another flight lesson. 
The event this time was Red Bull Air Race, the university series. We sat and planned all evening the previous day, I even meditated over a hearty meal of Japs, but somehow everything didn't flow one into the other on the day itself.

Woke up early this morning, around 5.30am to a nasty alergic reaction to the dust buildup in the carpet. Forced myself up and into the living room for the next half hour of morning rest. Rising simultaneously and gradually with the sun I was able to shake off the sleepy-ness caked on my face. After hygiene-ments, Two ounces of Facebook, Two pounds of that project-which-was-due-last-week and my kid sized Red Bull Energy Shot and I was ready to go and felt like working by 9am.

Stealing my way out of the house, past my sleeping brethren Nesta Boxill, directly to the barbershop. Not exactly the barbershop, the brethren who owns a mechanical trimmer and has some experience as a barber. Here the conversation massaged my head more than the blade as we spoke of diabolical plans to fly miniature planes over people's heads.

One Priority Bus Route to the heart of town, stopping by the doubles man as man must not live by Red Bull alone. A rasta doubles man, a queer sight to say the least, but alas.. lets give him a try. Let the black people strive as they say. Halfway into my doubles and a rasta strand of hair peaked back and me and said "yuh wha some channa or wha?". O.o Well my high spirit was put on pause just long enough for me to show the proprietor the hair in my food. I made sure this was done as conspicuously as possible. Only after walking off, behind the kid cudi still in heavy rotation on itunes, I thought.. wait.. maybe the hair in my doubles came from all the hair on my clothes from the barbershop.. "orrrrrr horrrrr"

In school, and already in my.. I mean the guild's office. Asking Mickel and his VP for the list of Air Race Pilots and Spectators was like asking my mother to find my playstation games. Yes she saw it, and knows what they look like but she never has a clue where I put them. I eventually got the list of pilots when Kristoff the sports representative arrived. With further ado (not without, with) we proceeded to the maxi. Maxi man Bernard a far cry from Bodow, but as Tishana would say... "this works"

Finally in UWI. Puttin up Pylons, looking for my incumbent girl friend, carrying students to the planes and ducking requests for free Red Bull on delivery service .. fun things. Eventually I collected a buff for random in discrepancies in some political issues involving a crazy Valsayn woman. In-between the conversation I took little mental notes on how to fly this thing. I'd try to stay in the air longer next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your MIND if only you dare:
If ya comment, be sure to click "follow" (top right hand corner) to see who replies to your comment!

Contributors

My photo
Arima, Trinidad & Tobago
Ken is a student of life. The subject of unique socialization between the rigors of childhood in a Christian household, a 'prestigious' secondary schooling and an early exposure to the ghettos of society. His ideals can be harsh on the mind at times and they represent a comprehensive but very original outlook on Trinidad and Tobago's 'red band lifestyle'. Read, listen and discuss if you dear.